Friday, July 25, 2014

Luke 5:28

Luke 5:28 is one of my favorite Bible verses of all time, and I think of it often. It says, "and Levi got up, left everything, and followed Him." I find this verse beautiful because one of the hardest things to do is to leave behind everything to follow Jesus. We often find ourselves saying, "I'll serve, but I'll also do whatever I want," or "I'll tithe, but only the required 10%," or "I'll go, but only for a week and then I'm coming back to my "normal" life.

This verse, in its nine words, speaks volumes about what God asks of us as Christians. I pray and ask for prayer in that God will keep this verse ever present in my mind and help me to do the same during this next chapter of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Here I am Lord, is it I Lord, I heard you calling in the night,

    ReplyDelete

To comment, choose "Name/URL" from the "Comment as" drop-down box, and enter your name.