Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week 5: The Christian Lifestyle

This week was a bit rocky. Here's what happened.
Note: I'm having trouble getting pictures/videos organized because everyone has a few I want to add here, so I'll go ahead and post this now and hopefully add the pictures/videos in later!

Monday
Class on Monday was a bit weird. The lady teaching us is very nice, but we differ a lot in our theology. Our topic this week is The Christian Life, but I didn't really learn anything yet.
The highlight of the day was probably the ride home from Monday Night Service, in which we all sang Vondervall. For about 20 minutes. At the top of our lungs. Adventures.

Tuesday
Tuesdays for me are usually pretty boring. Not bad, just boring. Not a lot happens, and this week I'm not really connecting with the class, so really there wasn't much noteworthy to write about.

Wednesday
Yet another stunningly normal day. I talked with Ryan a lot. He's super cool.

Thursday
Wow, this week is boring. On Thursday after all our scheduled activities, I went into Antigua with Tom and Ashley, and then we watched a (hilariously poorly made) movie about the missionary William Carrey. Despite the ridiculous movie, he's got a really cool story and I like how he truly gave up everything to follow God's plan for him.

Friday
WHAT A BORING WEEK. Maybe it's because last week was so adventurous.

Saturday
On Saturday, I went to Bailey's house to watch the new Doctor Who episode. I still have a Matt-Smith-sized hole in my heart, but I do love Peter Capaldi. When we got back, I helped with Ashley's English class and watched the Outsiders, which is exceptionally funny to watch with Europeans. Saturday night was a bit rough; I was really discouraged because I feel like nothing in my life is changing.

Sunday
After church on Sunday, Tom and Ashley and I went to Pollo Campero (a fast-food restaurant here) and I got pizza and horchata (all I ever need in my life). Then, we got ice cream and stopped in Cafe Barista for coffee to go, but we ended up staying there and talking for a couple hours. When we came back I did some laundry and had a peaceful afternoon at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, choose "Name/URL" from the "Comment as" drop-down box, and enter your name.