Saturday, November 1, 2014

First Week of TEFL

This week, I've had a lot of change. I moved in with a host family in Antigua and started new classes there.

My host family is great. Currently I'm living with my host mom and my host older-brothers. Another girl is there too, and she's originally from Kentucky and studying Spanish at the same school as me.

My classes are wonderful as well. I'm currently studying Teaching English as a Foreign Language--after this month, I'll be certified to teach English anywhere in the world, and have the skills to do so without speaking the native language of my students. Crazy, I know; it took some convincing for me too. If you'd like more information on how that could possibly be done, just shoot me a Facebook message or an e-mail!

I've spent most of my time studying this week, because my class is two semesters of a college course crammed into one month. I taught my first class on Wednesday, my birthday, and that night I went out with my dear friend Ashley from YWAM to celebrate. It's good to still have all of them only a few minutes away, especially since everything else has changed all at once.

The other exciting thing was yesterday, Halloween, in Central Park. My housemate, Kate, and I walked there to meet up with my YWAM friends and help them out while they were doing ministry there. We painted some faces, tied some balloon animals, and watched Mark's usual illusion show. It's still amazing to me how the people always stay to listen to him, even after he stops with the tricks and starts sharing the Gospel. He did his presentation three or four times, and many, many people--adults, teens, and kids alike--gave their lives to Christ. It was wonderful to witness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, choose "Name/URL" from the "Comment as" drop-down box, and enter your name.