Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 8: Supernatural Ministries

I don't have a lot of journal entries from this week, so we'll see how this goes...

Monday
On Monday, we started Supernatural Ministries week with Rod and Cecil from Minnesota. It wasn't nearly as terrible as I thought it was going to be! In all seriousness, though, I was really nervous about this week before it started, and I was really pleased when it turned out not to be the worst thing ever.

Tuesday
Tuesday is a day forever lost to history. How sad.

Wednesday
On Wednesday I was feeling pretty down, so I took a nap and then went on Soup Run, which is a ministry the Annands do, in which they bring soup to homeless people around Antigua. After we got back, I had a really long talk with my dear friend Cody, and he said something really impactful to me: "God may say thirty things to us in springtime, but then we get to wintertime and we're like, 'God, why aren't You speaking to me?' And then God's just like, 'Man, I just told you thirty things, fifteen of those were for wintertime!'"

Thursday
It seems Thursday has fallen into the same fate as Tuesday.

Friday
On Friday morning, I went into Antigua with Mirjam the Swiss lady to finish paying for my housing and books at the English school I'll be attending. In the evening, we had girls' night at the Annands', and I just remember that the food was really, really, really good. Thank God for Dayle Annand. That woman is an angel.

Saturday
I spent most of Saturday hanging out with Cody on the roof. We talked about some super cool stuff.

Sunday
Sunday was a funny day. I wanted to both get out of the base and be alone, but I'm not allowed to go into Antigua by myself, so I did the next best thing: after church, I went with a few of the boys to go watch a football game. I got pizza and took a nap in the restaurant and everything was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, choose "Name/URL" from the "Comment as" drop-down box, and enter your name.